Thursday, April 24, 2008

10 random facts

Ok, Bridgette and Bern both tasked me with this, so here it is... 10 random facts about Dori:

1. I love scones. Any flavor, I love them all. I make them, buy them, gift them... They're the best invention with a cup of tea ever.

2. Building on number 1, I love tea. Forget the coffee. Give me a strong cup of black tea any day. No sugar, just a little half & half. And maybe a good scone...

3. I can't buy things that aren't on sale. I don't know what the problem is. If I find something I want, and it's not on sale, I go to ebay.

4. I hate talking on the phone. I won't even order a pizza on the phone. I make Chris do it. Someone told me once that she thought the reason I hated it was because I sound like a 10 year old on the phone. Awesome...

5. I'm terrified of needles. Well, any thing that involves blood, needles, etc. I pass out everytime I have to get a shot, even a TB test. Needless to say, I don't have any piercings or tattoos.

6. I love dogs. I think they're awesome. The fluffier the better - but I am allergic, so I have to wash my hands alot when I play with them...

7. I'm not very good at finishing things. I get really excited about new ideas and projects, and get about 1/2 way through things before I get distracted by the next cool new idea... My house if full of unfinished "great ideas". Chris just rolls his eyes when he finds out I'm going to JoAnn's.

8. I love Brittish period books (and movies made from the books). Jane Austen, Dickens, any of the Brontes, etc. I have to sneak them onto the netflix queue...

9. I would like to be a detective. I am always watching TRU (used to be Court) TV - for "the Real Detectives" and shows where they use forensics to catch criminals. Sometimes when I see fishy behavior I will try to memorize facts about the "scene" in case I need to testify later. I know, I'm a dork... But I'm also totally phobic of real blood, so I don't think it would have worked out.

10. I'm all out of random facts... So 9 will have to do!

3 comments:

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I love scones too! Maybe you can make me some one day. :)

Adam and Natalie said...

I do love a good Pride and Predjudice! And half finished products are my specialty. :)

Bridgette said...

oooo....I've been waiting for this post! TRU...I was trying to remember that at c-mas so I could copy you when I got back to Boise! I'm going to check it out tonight.:)

mmm, and I bet you love Annie Goulet's hazelnut scones....delish.

thanks for playing! see you soon!!:)