Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Ok, Gretchen "tagged" me to post 8 random things about myself. These are little on the neurotic side (cause I'm apparently crazy!) but they should be entertaining at least...
1. I sing to my dog. Chris is constantly rolling his eyes at the crazy/weird lyrics I make up to sing to him. An example would be "Puppa, I like it when you call me big puppa. Wave your paws in the air, if you think you're a player, Puppa" Sung in the voice of Will Ferrell as Robert Gullay from an SNL sketch, although it was Poppa... The rest of the songs are rather nonsensical however. I sometimes sing him the "God loves a terrier" song if any of you remember that from Best in Show.
2. I can't stand having heavy things over my legs. I don't know if it's a flight instinct, and I'm afraid I won't be able to run away or something, but if people put their legs over mine, I freak out. I have to move them. Chris does this sometimes just to make me mad.
3. I can't sleep in a bed with messed up blankets and sheets. Everything has to be smooth and sleek. If there is a rumple or if the sheets get pulled up to far, I have to remake the bed. Again, this upsets Chris because it usually happens right when he is trying to go to bed, and I make him get up so I can "fix the bed"
4. I love gummybears. I buy 6 pound bags from Costco that I keep at work for snacking on. Whenever I need something sweet, I grab a handful.
5. I hate talking to strangers on the phone. I don't even like ordering pizza over the phone. I always make someone else do it.
6. I'm allergic to onions. And no, it's just not an "allergy" because I don't like them. I loved them. So keep that in mind - if you invite me to dinner, onion free please!
7. I can't drink out of regular nalgene bottles. The hole is too big and I always spill all over myself.
8. I have blood-needle phobia. If someone even starts telling a story about surgery or injuries or something, I have to either leave the room, or pass out. I pass out when I haveto get shots, even TB tests make me pass out. I can't even change earrings without getting dizzy. (And no - my ears are not pierced)
So there are 8 random (and slightly out there) things about me!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Dellany holds up her winning fish - an 18.6lb King Salmon.
We headed out Sunday at 7am for high tide, and it was gorgeous! Cameras just can't pick up the subtlety of the colors we saw - it was breathtaking.
Chris, driving the boat - we all got a chance to drive while we were trolling - it was fun, and nobody crashed...
We always see a few otters when we're out - this guy was pretty cool, he was just hanging out near the beach while we floated by. So cute!
Saturday, August 11, 2007
We picked some blue berries while we were there - they were everywhere! Perfectly ripe and really big for Alaskan wild blue berries...
If Guinness could talk, he would be saying in this picture, "Mom - put me down. Seriously..."