Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8 Random Things

Ok, Gretchen "tagged" me to post 8 random things about myself. These are little on the neurotic side (cause I'm apparently crazy!) but they should be entertaining at least...

1. I sing to my dog. Chris is constantly rolling his eyes at the crazy/weird lyrics I make up to sing to him. An example would be "Puppa, I like it when you call me big puppa. Wave your paws in the air, if you think you're a player, Puppa" Sung in the voice of Will Ferrell as Robert Gullay from an SNL sketch, although it was Poppa... The rest of the songs are rather nonsensical however. I sometimes sing him the "God loves a terrier" song if any of you remember that from Best in Show.

2. I can't stand having heavy things over my legs. I don't know if it's a flight instinct, and I'm afraid I won't be able to run away or something, but if people put their legs over mine, I freak out. I have to move them. Chris does this sometimes just to make me mad.

3. I can't sleep in a bed with messed up blankets and sheets. Everything has to be smooth and sleek. If there is a rumple or if the sheets get pulled up to far, I have to remake the bed. Again, this upsets Chris because it usually happens right when he is trying to go to bed, and I make him get up so I can "fix the bed"

4. I love gummybears. I buy 6 pound bags from Costco that I keep at work for snacking on. Whenever I need something sweet, I grab a handful.

5. I hate talking to strangers on the phone. I don't even like ordering pizza over the phone. I always make someone else do it.

6. I'm allergic to onions. And no, it's just not an "allergy" because I don't like them. I loved them. So keep that in mind - if you invite me to dinner, onion free please!

7. I can't drink out of regular nalgene bottles. The hole is too big and I always spill all over myself.

8. I have blood-needle phobia. If someone even starts telling a story about surgery or injuries or something, I have to either leave the room, or pass out. I pass out when I haveto get shots, even TB tests make me pass out. I can't even change earrings without getting dizzy. (And no - my ears are not pierced)

So there are 8 random (and slightly out there) things about me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dor, I totally am with you on the singing to the dog thing. I always did that. Now I make up raps to Greta. :) Adam is just like you with having to have the bed PERFECT. I always have to roll out of bed to help him "fix the bed" also.

Dori and Chris said...

Thanks Nat - it's good to know I'm not alone in my craziness ;)

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I can vouch for the needle phobia! ALso, I didn't know the gummy bear thing. Interesting...