Sunday, August 2, 2009

Photo Workshop

I had the pleasure of taking a 2 1/2 day workshop with Eddie Soloway this weekend, who is a New Mexico photographer that came to Ak to jury an anual show the Alaska Photographic Center (APC) puts on. The workshop was called A Natural Eye, and Eddie tries to teach photographers to change their perspective and think about things in a different way when making pictures. It was very inspirational and fun, and we had a chance to go out in the woods and put things in to practice. Here are a couple of the images I made:

The idea is to convey a sense of emotion in your image, rather than just take a picture. I am really excited to continue practicing his techniques and see where it leads... the great thing about practicing with nature and landscape is that you have plenty of time to get the shot right. Makes practice a lot more fun ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure how to track you down but googling 'chris and dori + alaska' worked awesome. Really enjoyed getting to know you and hope we can stay in touch. My email is thunderingrain@shaw.ca. Hope to hear from you. Teresa
PS Great photos! and sorry for posting this twice (Ice Sculptures) I've never blogged before in my life :).